1)First of all, pour some detergent into the water, and mix it till the mixture is full of lather. Remember, the warm water works best.
2) Take your diamond jeweleries, and dip it into the mixture. Leave it dipped for a while, so the dust particles may loose their strength.
3) After five minutes, rinse the jeweleries smoothly for few moments holding with your two-three fingers. While rinsing, the diamonds should be inside the mixture.
4) Now pull your jeweleries out of the detergent solution, and clean them carefully using a soft brush. The use of any hard brush will definitely end up damaging the shine further. In case of the absence of a special diamond cleaning brush, a lipstick brush or a toothbrush may prove handy.
5) Brush all the parts of your diamonds carefully, especially the back of the diamonds. The back becomes the dirtiest as it remains in the constant contact with the sweating skin.
6) Then, use a clean piece of cotton and wrap it around the diamond jeweleries, so the fabric can absorb the water left on them. It is better to leave them under the fan for a while.
Apart from using detergent solutions, one can use any ammonia-based cleaner to clean the diamonds too. Only it needs to leave the jeweleries in the ammonia solution for 5-6 hours before cleaning up with a brush.